Monday, May 14, 2012

Final Day





Our last day at Disney and California Adventure.  The week went way too fast and I can't believe here I am quickly posting so that I can get to bed and ready for another week of work.  Jeff loves the pictures on the blog.  He likes that he can pull it up and show people when he is at work or other places.  I like having a visual journal for the kids to scroll through.  We have some major moments captured through this blog and I don't ever want to lose that.  This vacation was highly anticipated.  Obviously going to Disneyland is always amazing for the kids, but I really needed a break.  I don't know if Jeff and I are doing the best job for our kids, but we are trying.  I needed this time with them and I know they needed it with us.  We are busy, just like so many others and at the end of the day I don't always have the energy to give each one of my kids what they need.  I want to be better.  I want to learn more about each one of them.  They are so different and yet, sometimes I want them to act all the same, maybe exactly as I do.  Then I remember my flaws and want them to be nothing like me.  I am learning that what I did yesterday won't always work tomorrow.  Parenting is hard and a continuous journey.  I am still here though, mistakes and all, because I love my family.  I love my kids.  I love their energy.  I often wish they would refrain a bit around others, but it is who they are.  They are full of life and always ready to play.  I need that.  I could easily sit back and watch the world pass by.  My kids would never have that.  They have to be in the spotlight and that forces me to journey places I may not have gone.  I appreciate all that they are showing me and teaching me.   

No comments: