Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Be Still

Though I haven't been able to update my blog lately, there is always a lot going on with us. Sunday I was not really feeling up to 9 A.M. church, but despite all of my excuses, I got the kids ready and we made it by 9:15. Jeff was off in Seattle selling security systems so he was not able to help. As I sat down in Relief Society the scripture- "Be Still and know that I am God" was displayed on the table. I can't even recall half of the lesson-the scripture was all that I could think about.

I have been struggling with a lot of things lately and both Jeff and I are grasping at the lesson we are supposed to get out of our trials in life. I am discovering my weaknesses and some of my strengths. I have always been strong in the gospel,but even my faith has been tested this last year. I am thankful for my savior and as I endure, I am reminded of all that I am blessed with. I understand what it means to Be Still. I am working on just that. I am trying to understand my Heavenly Father's love for me and gain a more sure knowledge of his presence in my life. I hope to be able to teach my children how to recognize God's hand in their lives as well.

No comments: