Wednesday, May 6, 2009

He hears me...

Today has been one of those days. As I try to stay positive through Jeff's job search and the highs and lows that come with that, I am also trying to show my faith in the Lord. I have faith that things will work out and I know that the Lord is looking out for our family, but it is still a daily struggle to make ends meet. Well, tonight I was at the grocery store because we were completely out of milk and Miguel and I were walking through the fruits and vegetables. Miguel LOVES most all fruit and vegetables and he was looking at a vegetable tray and begging for it. I was telling him that we just can't get it right now, he was saying that we don't have any broccoli so we need it. Well, usually I forget that there are others around when I am struggling with my kids. As we walked away from the vegetable tray a sweet old man asked if he really likes broccoli. I told him that it is one of his favorites. He then asked if he could buy the tray for Miguel. I wish you could see this man. Even his long, white beard looked Christ-like. I know it might have been something small, but it was a huge thing for me. Thank-you to the kind man at the store, I cried the whole way home. He stated to me that if Miguel will eat vegetables then he will buy them for him. The message I got was that the Lord loves me and blessed my family with the generosity of a person I don't even know. Carrots and dip will never be the same.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes he does. That is something we all needed to hear today. Thank you so much for sharing that with us all. What a blessing your family was given today and sweet Miguel for asking for his needs...not candy and junk food.

Happy Hermies said...

How beautiful...you are a spiritual giant, and I will check in on your blog more often for some uplifting. Thanks, Maria...its really no surprise. You've always been this way!