Monday, February 16, 2009

Still waiting

So I am now officially full term. I have carried this baby for 40 weeks and I just can't do it any longer. I have had contractions off and on for the last two weeks and that is frustrating in itself because I keep hoping every time that this will be it, but so far they always taper off. Luckily, I won't have to wait too much longer because my Doctor has scheduled an induction for tomorrow. I have to call the hospital at 4 a.m. to see if they have a bed and as soon as they do then I will be off to have a baby. I am nervous and excited all at the same time. The boys keep asking when is the baby going to be here. It has been quite an emotional past couple of days. Jeff has been home from work for over a week and now he is just waiting for the baby to come so that he can get back to Utah. It has been nice to have the time with him, but we had hoped the baby would come last week since he was home for the week. I guess this baby needed all the time it could get. It has definitely been a test of my patience. With Trae I was induced 3 weeks early due to complications-pre eclampsia and then with Miguel he came 9 days early, so it has been hard to have to wait for this one. It has reminded me that I am about to be following someone else's schedule again. I think I have forgotten what it is like to feed the baby all the time and pack around an infant. Still, I can't wait to hold her in my arms.

We are praying that the baby will be healthy and the delivery will go smoothly. I will have to let you know how it goes.

No comments: